Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Changes Don’t Happen Overnight


(Give time for video to completely load)

If the world evolves constantly, why do only certain things change? If the world is changing, it should change as a whole. So why do some things never change? Change is for the better and America as a whole is supposed to change as one. Why does America look the other way on those less fortunate who want to evolve with the rest of us but can’t due to circumstances? Change is coming possibly; I just don’t believe it truly has arrived.


Sure you could debate with me about it but once I’m set on something, it’s tough to change my mind set. Tying this in with the real matter has to do with late rapper/actor, Tupac Shakur. A few simple verses heard from the rapper are deep enough to make anyone wonder and question things he sees that we never truly sit and think about. He had a view on everything, he made it so we could relate even if we weren’t in the circumstance; we understood and his mind was on a bigger picture. He saw what we either didn’t want to see or what we refused to look at.


“I got love for my brother, but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other. We gotta start makin changes; learn to see me as a brother instead of two distant strangers… I see no changes all I see is racist faces. Misplaced hate makes disgrace to races. We under, I wonder what it takes to make this one better place, let’s replace the wasted.”
When I listen to the song titled Changes, release in ’98 by Tupac, it sets me back and it broadens my thoughts on the world today. Most of the things he talked about still haven’t changed. Racism may never go away in our world. Gangs are heavy in the streets. Same color people are quick to drawing their guns and repping their blocks or affiliation. Higher class people are still holding their noses up at the lower class.

Change doesn’t come over night. Not everyone is used to change. It’s hard to adapt to something we’re not used to. I heard somewhere that the world changes every minute and you have two choices; Grab on and ride with it or remain stubborn and get left behind. It’s that simple.
The question that is still left unanswered though is when is change going to come?
“There are only two things that are constant and that’s change and change.”-Tupac Shakur

No comments:

Post a Comment