Thursday, April 18, 2013

Nothing Lasts Forever


By: Georgia Trevor

 

I know many if not everyone knows a little store called Forever21. The Forever 21 Retail Inc. owns and operates numerous stores in different formats. Current store operating formats are Forever 21, XXI Forever and Heritage 1981. There are many brands that originate out of the stores such as Forever 21+, Love 21 Contemporary and Maternity, Forever 21 Girls and 21 Men. Well as much as we all may love Forever21, I’m here to a small dent in their good name- Forever21’s clothes don’t always last forever!

Yes, I said it!

Picture buying the bestest looking outfit with shoes and jewelry to match. You wear it for the first time and you just KNOW you’re rockin’ the hell out of it. Compliments are flooding in and you’re taking pictures that everyone’s liking and asking where’d you get it from. The day comes to a close and it’s time to take it down. You take it off and you hear a rip. Yeah, your awesome outfit tore by a stretch. Consider that ‘high’ being short-lived.

As cute and fashionable as their clothes are, you’re lucky if it lasts all year. Whether it’s a hole in the stockings, a tear right in the middle of a blouse or easily-made scuffs on your shoes from Forever, you’re bound to be hurt by their poor-quality material products.

Knowing this, I shall not be a hypocrite because my closet is majority Forever21. When I walk into a Forever21 store, I feel like I’m home. It’s true, I am indeed an addict and if I don’t splurge there, it truly is NOT a good day at the mall. Knowing all of this, it doesn’t stop me from buying to my heart’s content. Blame it on the shop-a-holic in me as of recently.

I do recommend this store if you want to look good and wear the fashionable stuff for the moment, but don’t expect it to last longer than you can swipe your card, put in your pin and tell the cashier you want the receipt in the bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment