Sunday, February 10, 2013

Can You Feel it in The Air


 
It’s right about that time where couples are being formed or dropping off like flies. It’s either love or hate; no in between! It’s either Cupid hit ya or the naked guy missed ya!!

Yup, I’m talking about Valentine’s Day.

When it comes to our generation, I feel rapper, Drake said it best, “We live in a generation of not being in love and not being together…” I’m not anti-love but it’s not the main focus of my young life. Since I’ve been given the opportunity to entertain my mind with thoughts of this “lovely” day, I’m thinking hearts, flowers, stuffed animals, kisses and lovey dovey talk. I BLAME MY GENDER!
Love is patient, love is kind. Love is slowly LOSING YOUR MIND!

Love isn’t a word that should be taken lightly and though you should show your partner your adoration and care all year round, this day is specifically set to give you the green light to shower them and let them know that though you may not show it every day, it doesn’t go unnoticed.

They say it’s better to love than never have loved at all. . .
 
This is how I feel about love and how it is for me at this current point:
 
Love Don’t Bother Me
                                                  Shoo! Get on! Leave me alone, love.
                                       You’re no good for me; I’ve witnessed what you’re capable of.
I’ve seen the way you’ve worked your magic.
I also see what happens once the sparks stop flying; a sight that’s tragic.
Love, don’t bother me!
Don’t come close, please!
Don’t sneak up from behind and attack.
I gave into you once, so wherever you came from, go back.
I’m not ready to feel everything I used to feel.
I’m perfectly fine staying on earth, at least it’s real.
I know what to expect in reality.
I hate how I wasn’t prepared for heart technicalities.
I didn’t know that you weren’t to last forever.
I didn’t know that he and I weren’t to stay together.
Ironic how you can be so heartless.
Not caring the state you left me in; depressed, restless and a hopeless mess.
How come you couldn’t have finished it how you started?
How could you just leave me; departed?
Love, don’t bother me!
Clever how you clouded my mind and blinded me from the signs.
Signs to where I should have cautioned or been more alert.
At least then I could’ve shielded myself from the inevitable hurt.
Do you know how many tears I shed?
Are you aware of the many sleepless nights I was forced to replay the memories over and over in my head?
I never asked for you to come into my world.
Putting me in the category of being one more broken hearted girl.
You really have discouraged me from looking for it.
I don’t mind it finding me cause I’m not looking for shit!
Damn, I loved the thought of being in love.
I wanted to be in that love and being loved club.
Love, don’t bother me!
I’m through with the games, can’t you see?
My foolish heart has given up; it’s had enough.
When a heart is broken, the body and mind is fragile and weak.
Leaving me to pick it up, piece by piece.
Tears that I cry are wasted and useless.
The mind knew what the ignorant heart didn’t; now I’m stuck by my lonesome looking stupid, so good riddens.
Flee! Leave me! Geeze!
I’m cool, my heart is at ease.
So don’t come round here asking for one more last chance.
I’ve been there, done that, man.
Please, just leave me be.
Please…
Love, don’t bother me!
 
Watch the video below to see how I envision a perfect Valentine’s Day with a significant other and how it differs with a guy’s point of view with my fellow Talon friend, Travis. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment